HTML/JavaScript

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Caterpillar Birthday Card

I’ve been thinking to make a card that incorporates crocheting for a long time, and now I finally did it!  To make the crocheted part, I used a Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in the cardstock circles, and then I crochet around them using a very simple 4-stitch petal pattern. I must warn you: it’s not easy, so be prepared for a challenge.
Whether you decide to add the crochet or not, this cute little caterpillar will make your card fun anyway. To make cheeks, eyes and legs, use the Two-Step Owl Punch from Stampin’ Up!
Enjoy your project!
Difficulty: Hard

Card dimensions: 7 x 4".

Stamps (Stampin Up!): Birthday Wish, Darling Dots

Ink (Stampin Up!): Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red

Paper (Stampin’ Up!): Certainly Celery card stock (I used smooth, but I’d recommend you to use the textured one -- I just didn’t have any in that color), Real Red paper, Pumpkin Pie paper, Regal Rose paper, So Saffron paper, Basic Black paper, Chocolate Chip paper, Pumpkin Pie Designer Series Paper (retired).

Embellishments (Stampin’ Up!): Apricot Appeal 1/4” Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Old Olive Button (Brights)

Tools (Stampin Up!): 1-1/4’’ Circle Large punch, 1-3/4’’ Circle Extra-Large punch, Two-Step Owl Extra-Large punch, 5-Petal Flower Extra-Large punch, Trio Flower punch (retired), glue dots.

4 comments:

  1. You do me proud girlfriend. You certainly have your creative juices flowing. Absolutely beautiful! I think you should teach this at our next event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! I'm so happy to know that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    Wonderful idea - and so creative! Love the colors!

    Wishing you a happy day today!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete